Sunday, August 17, 2014

Creating an Oasis

Ever since we moved into the new house, I have become a bit obsessed with decorating.  With so much more space in this house, we have a lot of new areas to fill with color and comfort.  I am excited about this, because since the house is a blank slate, I can start from the ground up with wall colors, furniture and texture.  Sure, I have done little projects, like buying wall hangings and cute little end tables and knickknacks, but we haven't jumped into painting just yet.  More space = a lot more walls to paint!

The obsession with decorating has also turned into an obsession with home decorating blogs and Pinterest.  Oh, Pinterest.  Have you ever searched "master bedrooms" or "home decor" on Pinterest?  It's pretty much a never-ending onslaught of gorgeous rooms that DO NOT look like anything I have goin' on up in here right now.

I have really wanted to start with the master bedroom, because that is the one room that I so look forward to relaxing in every night.  I want it to be cozy and lovely and soft and fluffy!  (When did all of the accent pillows become a thing?  Regardless, I want all of them.)  I want texture and pattern and statement pieces...I just need to get my brain to put together a cohesive look.  I have stumbled across quite a few pictures that give me some great inspiration.

Take this one for example:


I adore the color scheme, and the subtlety of it all.  There's a large print, but it's monochromatic, so it's not too loud.  The fluffy ottoman's at the foot of the bed add lovely texture and I just adore that chandelier.  It's so feminine and soft, but keeping the neutral color palette makes it perfect for a couple.  Not to mention, I would love to have a headboard like that in my bedroom!

And then there's this room:


Totally different!  Although I love neutrals, I picked this room because of the wall color.  I wouldn't necessarily pick this exact color, but I like that it definitely adds interest without making the room closed in.  I like the eclectic mix in here.  Nothing seems too match-matchy, which I have been liking lately.  That end table?  Adorable.

And the big thing I have been thinking about doing in the master?  Something like this:


That gorgeous, painted tray ceiling.  YOU GUYS.  I am dying to do something like this.  Add in a fabulous chandelier and some fluffy pillows and I am in Heaven

I can't wait to get started on the master bedroom project!  Until then, I guess I will just keep adding all of these lovely rooms to my Pinterest boards ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment