Monday, August 11, 2014

My Random Quirks

Hey everyone!  Since I have tons of blogs in my Bloglovin' feed, I usually come across one or two that spark my interest and get me thinkin'.  Over on Mandy's blog, she was talking about the random quirky things about her that make her unique.  I started to think about what my little quirks were and came up with quite a few, so I figured I would give this a go myself! Let's start, shall we?


I HATE AVOCADO.
Yep.  Can't stand the stuff.  I have tried and tried and tried to get used to it and I just can't.  I can't even tolerate guacamole.  I know how wonderful avocado is for the body, so I have tried multiple ways to disguise it.  The only thing that really works for me is putting it in smoothies with other greens like spinach, kale, celery and some fruit to mask the flavor. At least I'm trying to sneak it in there, right?

MY FAVORITE CHORE IS VACUUMING.
I think this is one of my favorite chores because I can space out when I do it.  It's kind of nice after a long day of work to do something mindless and methodical.  It gives me a chance to decompress.  And, I kind of have a thing for vacuum tracks.  It makes the house look so much better so quickly after a fresh vacuum!

I LOVE MULTI-COLORED WRITING UTENSILS.
This one stems from my Dad.  I always watched my Dad highlight his blueprints for his work when I was growing up.  He always had so many different colored highlighters and pens and I just loved them.  He would always let us borrow them, but he would tease us and say "I better get my markers back!"  Don't know how often he did though ;)  I have multi-colored ink pens on my desk at work right now :)

I'M AFRAID OF SCARY MOVIES
Yep, I'm a wimp.  Can't stand them.  I would much rather put in a rom-com any day.  If your a fan of the rom-com, come on over!  We'll pop some popcorn and ogle Ryan Reynolds or Matthew McConaughey :D

I ALWAYS HAVE TO HAVE COVERS WHEN I SLEEP
I don't care how hot it is, I always need something covering me and something that I can gather up and put up against my face.  I know I have a pillow but I guess I just like extra fluff around me when I sleep.

I CAN'T BURP.
My husband can vouch for this one.  I am unable to burp.  I mean, I do, but never the big, belching, loud, noise-making burps from the gut.  My burps get as far as my throat and then they fizzle out.

Well, that's a good list to start with!  Sometimes after you admit to things, a lot more people that actually have the same quirks!  I will probably be back with a round 2 at some point, since I will probably be catching myself doing other weird things at some point.  What are your quirks and habits that are strange to others?  I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment