Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Winter Skin Woes

I understand that because I live in Michigan I should expect cold and snowy winters.  I get it, it's par for the course around here.  We've grown up shoveling, snow blowing, salting and driving through horrible weather conditions but I am OVER IT.  So over it.  Cabin fever has hit me especially hard this year and I want nothing more than 70 degree days and sunshine around the clock.  But it's February, so there's that.

Oh, and did I mention the havoc that this weather is playing on my skin?  Oh no?  Well, let's talk about that then.  This winter has been extremely drying on my skin and I just don't know what on Earth could combat it.  I am still on the hunt for the perfect moisturizer for my face because nothing seems to penetrate enough without breaking my annoyingly sensitive skin out.  Help a sister out and send some suggestions my way!

My lips feel like raisins and I keep plastering balm on them.  Thanks -10 degree windchill, you know how to whip the skin off my lips.  For a while I was using Jack Black and then I ran out and stupidly bought Carmex which just dehydrated my lips even more, so I finally bit the bullet and bought some Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask.  It seems to be working well so far, so I am hoping this keeps up the good work!


My nails have also decided to be a total piece of crap to deal with, so I keep slathering on some vitamin gel to try to help them get growing again.  I am trying to keep nail polish on them, too so that some strength can build up so they don't chip as easily.  I cannot wait until the weather warms up and I can go get a manicure and pedicure that will actually help my hands and feet feel normal again!

Spring, I miss you.

Xo




No comments:

Post a Comment