Friday, January 16, 2015

Bigger. Better.

Well now.  That was a nice little hiatus, yes?  You all know the drill: the holidays hit, family, friends, parties, foodfoodfood.  It happened to me, too.  Anyways, I'm back!

I always look forward to a new year because it's a blank slate of sorts.  2014 was hard.  So incredibly hard.  While I look back on that, I can't help but to be happy that I was on the other side of it by the time the year came to a close.  I definitely was not where I thought I would be by the end of the year.  I was way past that.

For some reason, 2015 has had an uneasiness to me.  I feel like I want to grow so much as a person this year in so many ways and I have no idea where to start.  So I took a step back and I thought, how do I get to that place, that place that seems so elusive and enigmatic and so much bigger than I can handle?  Rule number one: don't try to figure it out from the start.  I do that way too much.  I set lofty goals (which is a good thing) but I don't set the smaller goals that are the stepping stones.

That's what this year is going to be about for me.  Finding, implementing and using those stepping stones to plunge into bigger and better things for myself this year.  Where do I want this blog to go?  Honestly, I have no idea.  But I'm going to write about my likes and loves, because I have a lot of them.  I'm not going to try to fit into a box out there in the blogosphere.  Wherever I land that is most comfortable to me is where I want to be.

Sometimes, starting small opens up something pretty big.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you, Heather! I'm not going to get all stressed about everything. I'm just going to take one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete