Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Still Unpacking

It is hard going back to work after that gloriously long weekend!  Like I have said before, we really need to change the workweek to 4 days and the weekend to 3!  I felt so much more relaxed and productive this weekend.

While Joey golfed on Saturday morning, I plugged in the coffee machine, blasted some Britney and decided to tackle our office closet.  The office has been one space in the house that had become the "stash area".  Papers, receipts and general junk (hello random wrapping paper) made their way in there, and eventually began to overrun the room.  The thing that was really bugging me were the unpacked boxes that we still hadn't gotten to since we moved in last December.  They housed our immense book collection, so I needed to get them unpacked so I could see how big of a bookcase we needed to purchase.  Plus, it was making me crazy that I couldn't find one of my books that I wanted to read quickly.  Reader's angst, yo.

Here's the before:


Ugh.  Nightmare.  I started to spaz once I started unloading everything because it seemed to triple!  I threw away two full garbage bags of stuff and broke down about ten boxes after they were unloaded.  I was able to get all of the books up onto the shelf in there until we get a bookcase one day.  I found stuff from middle school!  Hoarder much?

It took me FOUR HOURS but here's the after:


So. Much. Better.  You can't see from this angle, but around the corner to the left is 3 more stacks of books and about 8-10 pictures that still need to be hung on the walls.  It's amazing how much relief it brings to have that cleaned up and cleared out!  I have a few more areas in the house to spruce up, but it's getting there!  Did anyone else wait that long to unpack some boxes from a move? ;)

1 comment:

  1. My closet's about to explode too. Can you come organize mine too???

    ReplyDelete