Thursday, September 11, 2014

Fall Fashion Double Style

With fall right around the corner, I have been scouring the internet for gorgeous pieces that will be perfect to add to my closet for the season.  Now, the thing about me is that I have two polarizing 'styles'.  For work and going out in the evening, I love neutrals and tailored pieces.  I love having the classic staples that can be changed with different accessories, so I am a big fan of black, tan and gray pieces.  I own A LOT of black clothing.  I can't help it, it's my favorite!

For casual outings and staying around the house, I am all about comfort.  Slouchy sweaters, jeans, leggings and flats are definitely my calling on more low-key days. There are a few key basic pieces that I am going to try to find to add to my closet that will work with mixing and matching other pieces.

I made a collage with a few things that caught my eye that I am hoping to add to my closet this fall:

one: j.crew two: kate spade three: essie four: newlook 
five: jessica simpson six: express seven: loft eight: mango
nine: DVF ten: kendra scott eleven: OPI twelve: sperry thirteen: AE

I am pretty much in love with all of the items in this collage.  On the left, we have the work/going out style that I love.  I have been drooling over leather leggings for so long, so those are quite high on my list to purchase.  Pair those with the amazing Jessica Simpson booties and that sleek Kate Spade bag, and I am in heaven.

On the right is a great outfit to wear out with the girls or to run errands in.  The shirt is loose and comfortable, the shoes are cute flats that tie the outfit together, and a touch of spice is added by the DVF bag and Kendra Scott ring.  You could wear your hair down and with tousled beach waves or up in a sleek top knot and both would be adorable with this look.

I am hoping that when fall does finally set in, it's actually enjoyable and sticks around for a while.  I have heard rumblings about having a really short fall and a very wet, rough winter, so I am plugging my ears and ignoring the weatherjerks.  I have too many cute clothes to wear and I don't want to hide them under bulky winter jackets and be condemned to snow boots!  (Unless they're Hunter boots...hmmm).  That's a whole different collage!

1 comment: