Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Apple Oatmeal Crisp

I'm not a huge fan of apples by themselves, but I love apples when they are cooked down and in a hot dessert.  They are delicious coated in some cinnamon and sugar and reduced and caramelized a bit!  My number one apple dessert is my mom's apple pie with crumble topping, but a close second is apple crisp.

When my inlaws came over, they had just been to the apple orchard and brought us two bushels of fresh apples!  I was so excited to use them that I quickly whipped up an apple crisp from a recipe I got online here.  It was super simple, super easy and it fed about 8 people.




It. was. delicious.  I haven't had this in so long and it was so so yummy!  I brewed some coffee while it baked and it was the perfect complement to this simple dessert.



Sometimes simple is the way to go!  I love dishes that are quick and flavorful with minimum cleanup.  It leaves more time for chit chat with friends and family.

What's your favorite quick dessert?  Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment