Monday, August 25, 2014

Blushin' It

I have been pretty obsessed lately with watching and re-watching my favorite beauty YouTuber's "Favorites" videos because I am on the hunt for a new blush.  I can say with confidence that this is definitely a lacking part of my makeup collection.  For some reason, I never felt like I needed to wear blush (DUMB).  I am fair skinned and tend to battle a little bit of redness at times, so I guess I felt like adding blush would make my face look too wind-burned or something of that sort.

I only have two blushes in my collection, and one is a cheap NYX blush and the other one Clinique.  The NYX blush is pretty hard to work with because I feel like I need to use tons and tons to get any color payoff.  It also has a chunky gold shimmer in it, which I don't want all of the time.  Since I tend to add dewiness to my face with a highlighter, I don't feel like I need the chunks of gold in there, especially if I want to go with a more silver toned highlighter.

The Clinique one was nice, but it seems a little to...I don't know the right word...boring?  That's the best way I can describe it.  I guess it just seems to fall flat on my face instead of adding a pretty flush to it.

Anywho, I'm not feeling either one.

Obviously, I will need to consult someone at a counter to determine the correct color for me, but the next three are the brands I have been hearing over and over again as being the best.  So YouTube beauty gurus pretty much have me narrowed down to three I am trying to decide between:

MAC Powder Blush - $22


Everyone raves about how beautiful MAC blush is in Well Dressed.  I like that it's not shimmery, but I am not sure if this will be too pink for me.  I would love it if this would add that beautiful 'from within' color on me!  At $22, it's not horribly expensive, so it would be nice if I like this one the best out of the three!


Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush - $26

Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes keep being lauded as one of the best with great color payoff and staying power.  There are so many colors, I will definitely need to swatch these in Sephora.  Some of them have quite a bit of shimmer in them, so it will be interesting to see what works best for me since I don't want too much.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush - $35

This just looks delicious.  The Hourglass Ambient Light Blushes are quickly becoming a favorite among beauty bloggers.  I have a thing for marbled-looking makeup, so these look absolutely beautiful from the packaging all the way to the product itself.  I have heard that they look shimmery in the pan but don't look that way on the skin.  At $35, this one is the most expensive option, so I will have to make sure I am in love with this before I spring for it. 

Any experiences with these blushes or other ones that you love?  I am excited to head to Sephora and do some major decision making on these.  Since fall is right around the corner, I am excited to add another piece to my collection to hopefully keep that 'glow' throughout the cooler seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment