Saturday, February 1, 2014

STOP IT with the white stuff

This has been the most brutal winter.  Almost constant snow, bad roads and absolutely frigid temperatures.  Now, living in Michigan I know to expect long, cold winters but this is RIDICULOUS. January broke 4 records with its multiple subzero temps and it's incessant snowing.  Now we've hit February and IT'S STILL COMING.  We got six more inches today.  Granted, this crap can be really beautiful at times, and the only reason why I'm not super mad that it's snowing today is because it's the weekend.

I'm feeling the mid-winter funk creep up on me.  You know the one: when nothing looks good on, your jeans feel a little too snug, and ghost face sets in.  I have talked to my sister about how I feel like I am in need of some serious pampering.  I want to get a facial, mani, pedi, massage and my hair cut and recolored.  Having a complete spa day sounds absolutely glorious to my body right now.  I am about to run to the Clinique counter and buy all of the sunless tanner.

*sigh*

Tomorrow the groundhog gives us the run down on the next six weeks.  I have a feeling I'm not going to like him much.

No comments:

Post a Comment