Thursday, July 11, 2013

the torture of packing.

Packing for a vacation is one of those things that I abhor, mostly because I have so many incidentals that have to be packed at the last minute.  A lot of my makeup routine has liquids that have to be checked under the plane, which I can't put away until I have my face on for traveling, thankyouverymuch.
This translates into open suitcases until we are about five minutes late and Joey loudly proclaiming "HEATHER, WE HAVE TO GO!"  Yes, I am one of those people who believes in airport fashion.  I don't know how that became a thing but I buy into it every time I fly.

My whole family is going on this trip and it came at the perfect time considering how awful this week started out.  We're dealing with it slowly, but Smokey is constantly on our minds.  I think it's going to be pretty hard to drop the dogs off at the puppy hotel tomorrow without him there as well.  Picking them up might be worse.  I'm trying not to think about it.

Tropical storm Chantal has decided to start breaking up, much to our elation.  We are hoping and praying for a week of clear blue skies and hot hot sun while we are away to refresh our tired souls.  The weather in Michigan has been straight poopy this summer, so we are praying that the remnants of this storm doesn't touch our destination.

I don't know if I will get another chance to blog before we're off, but I will be back after with pictures! Hope you all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment