Tuesday, July 2, 2013

home decor on a dime.

Since we are building a new house, we are trying to keep money pretty tight.  But at the same time, I'm trying to look at and compile ideas for decorating our new house.  But Target.  Ohhh, Target.  Gets me and my wallet every time.

I had basically gone for conditioner and birthday cards and tried to keep myself away from everything else because I can never seem to get out of there for under $30.  As I was looking at the birthday cards, they have this row of those really beautiful Papyrus cards.  You know, the ones that cost like $7-10 PER CARD.  (Do people really buy those for birthdays/special occasions? I sure don't.  That stuff is expensive, yo!) 
They're beautiful cards with sparkles and glitter and sometimes they're just minimal and simplistic and I adore them all.  I just admire and look and wistfully wish that I could bring myself to spend that much on a card and then I put them back.

But, this time.

This time, they got me.  There was this card that was so dang cute, I couldn't pass it up.  And with it being so dang cute, I obviously would not want to give it away.  I would want to keep it for myself!  But that's pretty dumb considering I would spend $7 for a piece of paper I wouldn't do anything with.  

Behold: The Card.



So freaking cute, right?!  And I am a lover of all things ice cream and so I HAD TO HAVE.  So I thought, why not display it?  Enter the $5 picture frame.



And voila! A new piece of home decor for $12.  I can't wait to display it in my new house somewhere.  But for now it will sit on my media center on full display. I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this, but  I seriously love it so much.  And I love it when things are cute and whimsical and summery.  I have no other white picture frames but you know what?  This ice cream cone is a trendsetter.


Ampersands and Ice Cream Cones,
xoxo


ampersand sign: Marshall's
nightlight: made by me

No comments:

Post a Comment